Copyright © 2001-2020 Hedgehog Hosting, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Revised: 5/1/18
If you believe that material available on sites hosted at Hedgehog Hosting infringes on your copyright(s), please notify us by providing a DMCA notice. Please confirm the site in question is in fact hosted by Hedgehog Hosting. We are unable to process DMCA notices that refer to sites hosted on third party servers and will not respond to these notices.
Upon receipt of a valid and complete notice, we will remove the material and make a good faith attempt to contact via email the user who uploaded the material. Here is a summary of our DMCA complaint process.
- We review the notice submitted by the copyright holder.
- We notify the site owner and reply to the copyright holder to let him or her know we’ve taken action.
- If the notice is complete and valid, then we remove the content. However, in many cases the site owner removes the content on his or her own, with no further action from us.
- If the site owner believes he or she has rights to use the content or that the notice was submitted incorrectly by the complainant then the site owner may submit a counter notice. We review the counter notice for completeness. We also reply to the site owner and notify the copyright holder, providing the copyright holder with a copy of the counter notice.
- If the site owner doesn’t counter the notice then we make a note of this. This counts as a strike against the site owner.
- If the copyright holder doesn’t take further legal action within 10 to 14 business days of the submission of the counter notice, then we restore the content.
Before submitting a DMCA notice, it’s important to consider if the manner in which the material is used falls under fair use. If you are not sure whether material located on a site hosted at Hedgehog Hosting infringes your copyright, or if it is subject to fair use protections, you should first consider seeking legal advice.
Please be advised that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that material or activity is infringing.
You are required to consider the possible fair use implications, as a result of Lenz v. Universal. We reserve the right to challenge abuses of the DMCA process, and your use of this process does not waive that right.
As described above, your DMCA notice will be forwarded to the party that made the material available.
Please follow these steps before filing a notice with Hedgehog Hosting:
- Verify that the site in question is hosted by Hedgehog Hosting. If it is not hosted with Hedgehog Hosting, please contact the appropriate web host with complaints.
- After determining where the site is hosted, please contact the site owner directly, either by telephoning them or by visiting the “Contact Us” page of the site in question. Please alert them of your complaint to see if the matter can be resolved directly between you and the site owner.
- If that process does not provide results, please send your complaint to us at DMCA@hhog.tech with all of the pertinent information included below.
As required by the DMCA, we have a policy to terminate customers or sites, or both, that we consider to be repeat infringers. We also strive to protect legitimate users from wrongful termination. Notices that are successfully countered, rejected on fair use grounds, or deemed to be fraudulent are not counted against a user or site.
DMCA NOTICE INFORMATION
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company Name
- Zip/Postal Code
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Name of Copyright holder (Either yourself or who you represent)
- Location (URL) of the unauthorized material.
(You must provide the full and exact permalink of the post, page, or image where the content appears. We ask you to please make ONLY one submission per web page you are claiming)
- Please describe the copyrighted work so that it may be easily identified.
- Location of copyrighted work
(Where your original material is located, not the offending material on the web page itself)
By Submitting this information via postal mail using the address below or via email to DMCA@hhog.tech you submit that:
- You have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. (Please note that you may be liable for damages if you “knowingly materially misrepresent” your copyrights – and we may seek to collect those damages. Fair use should also be taken into consideration.)
- You swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- You acknowledge that a copy of this infringement notice and any correspondence related to it, including any contact information you provided above (address, telephone number, and email address), will be forwarded to the user who uploaded the content at issue.
You must submit this information via email or postal mail.
(Do not send DMCA complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to use DMCA@hhog.tech. If you use the wrong email address we will not be able to respond to your DMCA complaint.)
POSTAL MAIL: Hedgehog Hosting, 25050 Riding Plaza #130-644, Chantilly, VA 20152, USA
Please understand that we comply with DMCA Notices as required by law.